Losing fat is a major goal for every person who likes to look good and remain fit. If you can’t enjoy the benefits of a lean body then what is the point of all of that muscle! Like anything though so much of it depends on your genetics. I have always found that people who tend to be lean as children respond better to stimulant based fat loss products than people who were heavy.
Carrying weight is a genetic adaptation for survival and thus those people “lucky” enough to have the genetics for survival, tend to be less likely to get a good result from a stimulant based product.
Still, stimulants can and do help with fat loss, but understand that a proper diet and exercise program is the only true way one loses weight. So, if you think you can just take a pill and eat whatever you want, you are wrong…
Here we are going to cover some stimulants for fat loss that you can use to HELP you with your exercise and fat burning, not as a replacement for it!
Stimulants are a class of compounds that increase various aspects of metabolism. They in theory have some basic similarities that make them a “stimulant” and these are:
- Increased Heart Rate
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Increased Alertness
- Better Muscle Contraction Strength
- Increased Burning Of Fat As Energy
- Increased Respiration (Breathing Rate)
- CNS (Central Nervous System) Stimulation
In the past, stimulants historically were used to treat asthma and other respiratory problems, obesity, tiredness, and a variety of other ailments such as narcolepsy (falling asleep). People began abusing stimulants and thus they became public enemy #1. Stimulants are so demonized that WADA (world anti-doping agency) has even caffeine on it’s list of banned substances.
Luckily for those of us that don’t participate in regulated sports, we have a wide variety of stimulants to help us reach our goals.
STIMULANTS ON THE MARKET 2016
Understand that this is a pretty good list but by no means all of the stimulants you are likely to see on the market.
- Caffeine – the most basic stimulant found in products. Caffeine has a very long half life (5-8 hours) and increases heart rate and fat loss. It is an effective fat burner but it isn’t extremely strong per mg.
- Theobromine – this chemical cousin to caffeine is weaker and less effective as a fat loss agent and stimulant, but it does last longer and seems to have a mood elevating effect.
- PEA (phenylethylamine) – this is a stimulant that doesn’t do much for fat loss but does have a mood elevating effect. Sadly the effect wears off in minutes but it can help reduce cravings and make that initial cardio session easier.
- Synephrine – this is a chemical cousin the ephedrine but is much less powerful as a fat loss agent but does give a similar CNS effect at higher doses.
- Methyl-Synephrine – this is one step closer to ephedrine and thus is a bit more dangerous at higher doses. It is a decongestant and can increase blood pressure. so make sure you are in good health before using this strong stimulant.
- DMAA (1,3-dimethylamylamine) – this stimulant can give great focus in the gym. It will give you amped up but doesn’t seem to help with fat loss as much as other items. It is more of a mood and focus based stimulant.
- Ephedrine – the best natural fat burner is illegal but can still be found at certain drug stores as a decongestant. Ephedrine is the natural king of fat buring supplements.
- Higenamine (norcoclaurine) – this b2 agonist doesn’t seem to have a strong stimulant effect on the CNS but it does seem to aid in fat loss by increasing metabolism. This is best stacked with other stimulants.
- Yohimbine HCL – the extract of yohimbe bark gives better fat burning results compared to many other stimulants but without the strong CNS effects. It can cause anxiety in some people however so be careful.
There are literally hundreds of fat burners on the market with a variety of different combinations meant to do everything from boost mood to increase metabolic fat loss. Here is a stack that we feel is a good combination for the average consumer.
Yohimbine HCL 10mg
This should hit a good spread of fat loss pathways and increase focus along with energy. Just make sure you are in good health and discontinue your thermogenic (fat loss aid) if you have any health issues.