• misc.fitness.weights – the good ol days..

Home Forums Supplements Supplements 101 misc.fitness.weights – the good ol days..

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  rhatid 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Author

rhatid

anyone remember the good ol days of mfw circa 1995-1997..

here are some of the things i remember..

1. eas “launching” creatine and vanadyl sulfate

comments:

two effective supplements that helped me gain a solid 20lbs in 1 year.

to be honest , EAS is responsible for the supplement market we have today.

“cutting edge” supplements with some sort of science behind them…

remember paying $50 for 300gm? ouch!!

2. Muscle Media(before they added the 2k or is it the other way around).

comments:

I remember this magazine was known for it’s cutting edge articles.

While Weider and Co were spewing the same bodybulding garbage,

the Golden CO camp were coming with “substance”.(well substance compared to what Weider and the like were coming out with).

3. Josh Brown

Comments:

Whatever happened to that guy? Was Josh Brown really Duchaine?

4. Kneller v Rob(some guy in Phoenix), Kneller v Everyone, Josh Brown V Everyone

Comments:

Some of the best come backs and on-liners ever wintnessed on the Internet came from these

feuds.

5. “Feels Like Deca” Bill Philips on HMB

Comments:

Quote speaks for itself..

anyone have more MFW memories to add?

Loki

I remember Lyle dishing out some pretty brutal ‘scientific smackdowns’ as well…

It was also the place that corrupted me to the many sweet virtues of nicotine…

Ah, sweet nostalgia… [img]http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/< #EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

pluto

The Lyle saga(s) were way better than any soap opera in existence.

raz888

One of my favorites from josh brown, “now go get me a sandwich bitch”

westnile

“Feels Like Deca” Bill Philips on HMB

That is some truly funny shit ! Where/when did he say that?

Jon

I always wondered who Rob was? wasn’t his last name schu(sp) or something like that…had kidney problems. And who was Josh Brown? Was he the guy that was the “enforcer????”

Jon

Westnile-that quote was from MuscleMedia when EAS was getting ready to bring out HMB. I remember they had Danny Hester as a spokesperson as well and in one of his ads for Phosphagen HP he made the statement to the effect of “it feels like I’m on some weird European steroids.” those were classic.

BTW, it was originally MuscleMedia 2000, they later dropped the 2000.

zafh

. Josh Brown

Comments:

Whatever happened to that guy? Was Josh Brown really Duchaine?

Write for the mags under the name “The Sandwitch”

Zaf

Par Deus

I missed the true glory days, as I started posting in 1999, I believe, but it was still damn good for 1-2 years, for info, as well as entertainment.

Back then, Lyle was extremely patient and helpful, even with the most ignorant of questions, to the point that I marvelled as to how he was able to do it. He, Will Brink, Elzi, Bill Roberts (pre-Biotest), PA, Darkham/Ames, and even Lysis had some great discussions. Then, all of the feuding and nonsense started and it turned into a circus/soap opera — actually, quit posting their because it was too entertaining in a very time-consuming way.

Some of the more purely entertaining posters were Josh Brown, Mike Layne, Rob Shuh, OJ, the Cohen/Lysis team, and probably 1-2 more I am forgetting.

surfratt

Lyle is still around, now that he’s alive again. He’s pretty good at smackdowns, not so patient any more. Will Brink, Elzi, Dave Cohen, Mike Layne, and Rob Schuh also hang around.

Still lots of good information, though the snr is definitely on the entertainment side.

WillBrink

Lyle is still around, now that he’s alive again.  He’s pretty good at smackdowns, not so patient any more.  Will Brink, Elzi, Dave Cohen, Mike Layne, and Rob Schuh also hang around.

Still lots of good information, though the snr is definitely on the entertainment side.

MFW still has its moments, but it’s nothing like it used to be.

Will @ http://www.Brinkzone.com

GYMNUT

Nice to see you around our neck, Will.

WillBrink

Nice to see you around our neck, Will.

I try!

admin

I remember the days even before MFW, when it was simply misc.fitness, but all the fitness pansies used to get so upset with the weightlifters and bodybuilders that we were forced to create a new group (MFW). This was circa ’94. Barry Merriman, Ron Cecchini, etc. were regulars at the time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are currently closed.