• Norphin

Home Forums Supplements Supplements 101 Norphin

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Supnut 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
    • Author

Supnut

I have recently been taking codein for back pain and have found that it causes a state of sleep I rarel but occasionally have naturally.

Its sort of hard to describe, its the kind of sleep where you can feel yourself falling to sleep very obviously and then the next morning the most enjoyable thing in the world is to just lay there till the effect finally wears off.

I have starting to wonder if the naturally occuring episodes of sleep like this aren’t fron endogeneous opios, doing a little searching it apreas the kappa receptors are more responsible for sedation and have the highest affinity for norphins and it also looked like addiction wouldn’t be an issue with norphin.

So does anyone know of a way to increase norphin levels?

Dante

Do you mean Morphine? There is a synthetic analogue Norphin, but that is not naturally occuring:

[url=”http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=1485670&dopt=Abstract”]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f…0&dopt=Abstract[/url]

Supnut

Excuse me, the word was 5 min. new to me and i spelt it wrong. I actually ment Dynorphin and I was refering to information I picked up in this article

[url=”http://www.uoregon.edu/~iishp/MillerS.html”]http://www.uoregon.edu/~iishp/MillerS.html[/url]

Dante

Well, don’t take offense.

It looks as though running increases Dynorphan levels:

[url=”http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:KqqU7v4GpaAC:www.sims.berkeley.edu/~toniw/my_stuff/running.pdf+Dynorphin+increases&hl=en&ie=UTF-8″]http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:KqqU7…&hl=en&ie=UTF-8[/url]

And I would wonder if Cayenne (Capsaicin) would influence levels any, by depleting substance P.

Supnut

sorry that was an honest exuse me, not an excuse me with attitude

the running thing isn’t really vialbe for one who wants to go to bed, but perhaps we are looking at the wrong opoid, as I can’t recall running ever making anyone sleepy anyway.

Several articles discussed a recent finding that those who have a gene which causes elevated dynophin have a better resistance to dopamine, it aprears that dopmine increases dynorphin levels as a countermeasure. A possible therapy then would be to stimulate and then suppress dopamine leaving the dynophrin elevated, this I belive however would be something similar to GHB perhaps? and would not be anythign novel.

I wonder by what action the nitetime dopamine nadir is caused

iamthewalrus

I used to compete profesionally in a couple of endurance sports. When doing a long aerobic activity (4 hours plus) I could eat an xtra large pizza, a 40 oz beer and have mind boggoling sleep(with or without all that food/beer). They feeling of the sleep from it is INCREDABLE, I wonder if this is what it is?? Or if it is just sheer exaustion? OR it could be that i am an insomniac, and being able to fall asleep is always a reward, but actually getting tired id AMAZING. hmm, who knows.

Par Deus

Dynorphin is considered an aversive opioid — as opposed to reinforcing, like endorphin, morphine, heroin, etc., which work through the mu and delta receptors. It is not what is responsible for any pleasant state you may be experiencing.

Supnut

besides the obvious endorphoins, is there any other endogeneous opiod which would enhance sleep or have any other possitive effect (pain, mood ect.) ?

Also is there such thing as a exogeneneous (im spelling the shit out of these words are I) opiod which is non-addicting?

Par Deus

The third endogenous opioid is the delta receptor agonist met-enkephalin — it is reinforcing, though less so than mu agonists, so it is likely to be somewhat addicting. It is also anti-nociceptive (reduces pain).

There are also a couple of newly discovered substances, endomorphin 1 & 2, thought to also possibly be endogenous opioids.

Heathen

This might be off the topic a little but my experience with opiats (before I got raided by customes here in JP) is that most opiats suck. They usually make you a little sleepy but it’s more of a nap feeling not an all night feeling. I had my best results with lorazepam for extended sleep.

Now I just use periactin and either melatonin or a perscription strength sleep aid that my Doc provides me with. I found my self becoming addicted to sleep while using this so now I only use it once or twice a week. I went for several years sleeping only about 5 hours a night because of all of the fucked up dreams that I had. Now with the help of these items I can comfortable sleep 8-9 hrs a day. Cheers.

ChemicalPA

besides the obvious endorphoins, is there any other endogeneous opiod which would enhance sleep or have any other possitive effect (pain, mood ect.) ?

Also is there such thing as a exogeneneous (im spelling the shit out of these words are I) opiod which is non-addicting?

1st PA rule of drugs:

IF it makes you feel good then it is addicting!!!!

Of course there are varying degrees of addicitve potential, but regardless there are no exceptions to this rule

ChemicalPA

This might be off the topic a little but my experience with opiats (before I got raided by customes here in JP) is that most opiats suck. They usually make you a little sleepy but it’s more of a nap feeling not an all night feeling. I had my best results with lorazepam for extended sleep.

Many opiates actually make it hard to get a deep sound sleep. You lay there content, floaty, and in a semi-dream like state but not in a true sleep like state. AS in stage 4 restorative sleep

BTW, lorazepam is a benzodiazepine, not an opiate

Supnut

yes I actually noticed this the last time I used, it, well the whole time really, i would be just on the edge of sleep and actually what would pull be back out would be some unsually demented thought, I mean normally things in dreams make no sense at all, like you might physically use a calculator to cut the pizza into 8 equal sections or something assiciative like that… I can’t remember any one thought in paticular but while on it they were just too weird to the point in that half sleep state I woluld stop and saw HUH?? and wake up. The last time I took it this lasted for about 4 hours… now I really didn’t feel like I lost 4 hours of sleep the next day and while I was in bed it was not as irritating as it normally is, the haze was rather pleasent, and somewhere in the haze I remembered exactly what it feels like. I was exactly like fooling around with someone your emmotionally interested it, everthing seams sureal. it felt exactly like that.

So in the end I must admit that for sleep purposes this wasn’t really a great idea, but it did feel good

Heathen

Do’h. Sorry that was my mistake however it does help me with sleep. Cheers.

ChemicalPA

Do’h. Sorry that was my mistake however it does help me with sleep. Cheers.

Have you ever tried trazadone for sleep? It is quite effective and non-addicting as well

Supnut

Par Deus

The third endogenous opioid is the delta receptor agonist met-enkephalin — it is reinforcing, though less so than mu agonists, so it is likely to be somewhat addicting. It is also anti-nociceptive (reduces pain).

There are also a couple of newly discovered substances, endomorphin 1 & 2, thought to also possibly be endogenous opioids.

Heathen

Now I just use periactin and either melatonin or a perscription strength sleep aid that my Doc provides me with. I found my self becoming addicted to sleep while using this so now I only use it once or twice a week. I went for several years sleeping only about 5 hours a night because of all of the fucked up dreams that I had. Now with the help of these items I can comfortable sleep 8-9 hrs a day. Cheers.

ChemicalPA

1st PA rule of drugs:

IF it makes you feel good then it is addicting!!!!

Of course there are varying degrees of addicitve potential, but regardless there are no exceptions to this rule

ChemicalPA

Many opiates actually make it hard to get a deep sound sleep. You lay there content, floaty, and in a semi-dream like state but not in a true sleep like state. AS in stage 4 restorative sleep

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are currently closed.