• Another Phenibut casualty

Home Forums Chemically Correct Neuroscience/Nootropics Another Phenibut casualty

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,378 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

I’ve taken a lot from these forums so I want to give something back by sharing my experience with Phenibut. I went into this with my eyes wide open having read all the good and the horror stories. I started taking phenibut about 2.5 months ago. My daily dose never went above 3G (had caps, so I know) and I managed to take two day breaks although these got exponentially harder as time went on. In the beginning, phenibut was simply unreal. I can only describe it as the drug NZT in the movie limitless. The only difference is that phenibut works by making you think you’re a legend in your own mind rather than making you an actual legend. Either way, I’ve take it on days I had interviews only to hear back that I was ‘overqualified’. I’d be overly confident, too comfortable and pretty much slinging the sh*t if you know what I mean. It was all honeymoon in the beginning, the best I’ve ever felt in a looong time. Fast forward to now. I backed off on the 3g dosage down to 2g / day because it was feeling kind of toxic. My ears were ringing, shooting pains throughout my body (lower back / legs) that seem exactly like sciatica. Sitting for periods of time is unbearable. I’ve never had problems with sciatica before. I stopped for 3 days and yesterday and I didn’t experience anxiety, but I did experience anhedonia, depression, prickly skin, rumination about my life, etc. Total mindf*** stuff. I took 500mg to take the edge off, but I’m delaying the inevitable. I’m going to put aside 5- 500mg caps, chuck the rest and hunker down for hell. I can’t see any upside to phenibut anymore aside from maintaining and somehow it seems to aggravate if not outright cause my sciatica. If anybody has ever experienced body pains from phenibut, please let me know, I’ve never read anybody having these. I usually read that people feel “horrible” or “anxious”. I’m starting a new job in 10 days, if I can bring this plane down and keep it there I might … *might* be human enough to wobble in and maintain my sanity. I’m not the kind of person who can take phenibut 2 times a week and put it down, I’m sort of all or nothing. I may update this as I got if it helps anybody. I guess I’m writing it as a statement to myself that I can get off this stuff.

Mac.

Anonymous

Hey guys. Sorry I disappeared. Once the taper got under a gram, I REALLY felt like there was no point in talking it anymore. I didn’t notice any withdrawals at all. Felt exactly the same. I was finished with my pheni forever.
      Then about a week after my taper was over, on New Year’s Eve,I took 2 grams or so for some extra fun. I could actually feel it that night! It was pretty cool. I haven’t taken any since. All I have is some FAA, which I DO NOT like. It never did anything for me positive. After the 2 g’s I again had no withdrawal.
      I’m still on Klonopin. I’ve had thoughts about placing that order sometimes, though I doubt I ever will. I can ALMOST say that I’ll definitely never be a daily user again.
      Thanks once again to everyone who has contributed here. I’m sure this thread has saved a lot of people from a
      lot of pain.
      Timothy

Anonymous

Okay, first of all thanks a lot to everyone here!
      This thread showcases some of the most decent posts I have ever read on any subject. Mac425, XSIV8, Nostatic, PhenUser, I don’t know if you guys are still there, but thanks!
      Bro level is indeed very high.
      I’m only at page 23, but I felt the need to express some gratitude before I continue with the reading.
      Anyway, I too became concerned about my Phenibut use after reading the numerous mise en garde en horror wd stories.
      Hopefully I’ve been careful to stay between the boundaries of a somewhat reasonable dosage of about 1 gram every other day.
      I did try to double that a couple times, enjoyed it immensely, but was still wary of possible habituation so I always managed to taper down to legit levels. Been at it for 4 months.

I do feel a little addicted though as I really look forward to those phenibut days. Luckily I got into it after trying aniracetam, bacopa, ashwagandha, rhodiolae, passionflower, kava kava, theanine plus a numeous assortment of other noots and supps so I naturally got into the groove prescribed by XSIV8, every days off, I resort to my other medecines. The thing is, I’m very tempted, after reading the succesfull accounts of planned tapering to try and see what I could be on a daily phenibut regimen.
      I probably won’t do it, at least not before finishing the thread, but still, the temptation is there.
      I’ll be sure to report anything substantial!
      Lookiong forward to reading the rest of the thread!

Anonymous

Well, ok, I might need help. I did 2G today. I was preparing my day off cocktail for tomorrow (Bacopa, Rhodiolae, Aniracetam,Theanine, Curcuma, mixed with Maca, Cacao, Matcha and Colostrum) felt good about it and suddenly decided that it could be fun adding another evening gram of phenibut to my initial morning one.

I’d like some help in figuring out how to proceed, I wonder if my judgment is sound at the moment.
      I have about 180g of the stuff left, really like it and I plan to dose according to plan, which is 1 gram every other day with the occasional recreational dose on the weekend. But I wonder if it’s the best way for me and I sometime contemplate the prospect of using it every day until the end of may (end of semester) and tapering off in the long days of summer.

I want this stuff to work for me, I enjoy it, I am not dependant of it in the sense that I don’t think I suffer from a chronic form of SA, the little I feel I should be able to overcome with self impose cognitive behavioral therapy, but it is just so much more easier with phenibut…
      Am I just setting myself up for more trouble?

So yeah, still an ambiguous post, I’m not sure what I’m looking for…

At this point the answer seem to be to get rid of the stuff, it’s too good. That would be the educated course of action for someone who has read the thread.
      Still, with that in mind, I probably won’t make the right decision and will try to get away with it.

Has anyone here ever succesfully dose that thing right for a continuous period of time?

Anonymous

OK I got around to reading the rest of the thread, thanks to Michael and Timothy great contributions, invaluable experience.
      Like Michael said, as far as tapering goes, XSIV8 pretty much covered it all in the earlier pages. Thanks again man.

I’m still pretty modest in my usage, these last three days I’ve taken 750mg, did not really felt it. Today I’m off, tomorrow too, and friday, I’ll start the cycle back, maybe top saturday at 1500 then off sunday cause I plan to be drinking, etc, etc…
      The thing is, I feel on the verge of going daily. Especially with so much information on how to taper effectively.
      Seems to me like I’ve already become an addict if I’m contemplating this route already. Accepting I might need to use benzos to taper off a substance I enjoy too much to quit…

Well, who knows, like I said earlier, short of the pharms, I have all of XSIV8 recommended arsenal at the ready, so I might be able to cycle effectively and ward off the phenibut tolerance issues altogether. Around next week I will probably try a four days stint ranging dosages between 1 and 2g. wash off for three days and see how it goes.

Anonymous

Ok, so tonight was rough. Phenibut is indeed no joke. Even with my very moderate abuse I experienced some wd issues. I was so stressed out for a while. Itching and almost out of my mind with worries. I got into a heated argument with my wife, some minor misunderstanding that I just could not let go. My mind kept getting stuck into this useless pattern. I was finally able to relax with the help of valerian, passionflower, hops, bacopa, kava, curcumin, theanine, enough so I could lie on an accupressure mat and vap 12mg of nicotine via propylene glycol.weidly that seemes to help quite a lot. I feel better now and I will probably be able to sleep but damn, I know this can seem trivial compared to some of thw heavier wd experiences accounted for on here, but I had never experienced this much stress before in my life. Will see what tomorrow brings…

Anonymous

Hi again.
      I’ve been able to limit doses pretty effectively.
      Never exceeding 1.5g a day.
      Going straight for 65 hours one time last week.

On my days off I continue to take a mixture of racetams, bacopa, theanine, magnesium, NAC, sometimes ashwagandha and/or kava and/or valerian+passionflower+hops+linden+melissa.

Today I received an order of tianeptine and 5-htp + tyrosine which I plan to also cycle in between phenibut dosages.
      Today I did 12.5mg tianeptine +1g taurine + 20mg noopept + 300mg theanine +250mg choline.
      Later, I plan to dose with 5-htp and/or ashwagandha, kava, valerian+passionflower+hops+linden+melissa.

Any thoughts? Am I messing with my NT or effectively cycling?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Phenibut stopped working after using it 5 times within a 9 month period. I’ve never took more than 1 gram those 5 times. I only used it when I needed to speak in front of a lot of people. Now it does nothing. Tried 1g, 1.5g, 2g, 2.5g and then I stopped. I stopped taking it for well over a year. I decided to try it again and it did nothing but make me sick. I took 500mg after the year plus break. Worked my way up to 3g felt nothing but made me sick. I have nights were I can’t sleep. Extreme anxiety some days and I’m just not the same. I believe phenibut caused permanent damage. Be careful with this stuff.

Anonymous

Hello again. I’ve been on phenibut daily sinsince the first week of September. Today I begin the withdrawal process. In my arsenal are baclofen and gabapentin.

Over the course of three months, my daily dose hardly ever dropped below two grams. It has gone as high as 7, which would be followed by a few days at 3 or at 2 gs. I am now home on winterbrea with leisure time to withdrawl in.

My last dose of phenibut was at 1045 am yesterday. I had 12.5 mg baclofen & 300 mg gabapentin at 12 am, followed by 12.5 mg baclofen at 6 am this mornjng. I am now on hour 25 and have not yet encountered any signs of witbdrawal. I have found it difficult to locate reports of withdrawals done using baclofen, so I will continue to update my progress as time goes on. I had planned to use upwards of 100 mg baclofen and 900 mg gabapentin per day, but I’m not sure that such high doses will be necessary. I’ll play it by ear and will update later today what dosage seems to work. At the moment though, there is no withdrawal, which surprises me given that at 3 g a day I would have slight tendrils of anxiety spring up around the 24 hour mark.

Edit: it’s been over 48 hours and I haven’t run into any signs of withdrawal. My dosage yesterday was 12.5 mg baclofen x 4 & 300 mg gabapentin x 3. I may cut the dosage even lower. Felt a bit high at a few points during the day.

This is coming from a 3 month habit with daily dosages from 2 -3 g per day, going as high as 7 g. The high days would come after nights of hinge drinking. They were somet in me repeated for two or three days. I had 3 g’s 6 days ago with alcohol. 4 the day after, no alcohol. 3 g the next. 2 g the day after 5 hat then off.

I feel like I’m cheating. I suppose we won’t know how good this route is until I’m completely off both drugs. I will begin lengthening the time between doses.

Day 3: I am ending my third day having only taken 25 mg bac & 600 mg gabapentin. I have vistaral for sleep. It’s strange. I understand people much more easily when I am on phenibut.

Anonymous

I was taking Phenibut for about 3 years now and about 8 days ago I decided enough was enough. So I took my dosage which was several thousand a day (don’t know exact amount, since i was taking two plastic scoops) and i dropped it to… 2,000mg a day and did so for 8 days and now i have been off phenibut completly for around 72 hours. Its been dam hard, especially at night when all the negative ideas, emotions, and all the crazy shit piles in your head and your without an ounce of sleep, just waiting to be morning. I haven’t slept hardly anything since quitting, maybe 4 hours. I hope i will get better by at least day 5.

Anonymous

[QUOTE=leyenda100;678268]I was taking Phenibut for about 3 years now and about 8 days ago I decided enough was enough. So I took my dosage which was several thousand a day (don’t know exact amount, since i was taking two plastic scoops) and i dropped it to… 2,000mg a day and did so for 8 days and now i have been off phenibut completly for around 72 hours. Its been dam hard, especially at night when all the negative ideas, emotions, and all the crazy shit piles in your head and your without an ounce of sleep, just waiting to be morning. I haven’t slept hardly anything since quitting, maybe 4 hours. I hope i will get better by at least day 5.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I find nights most unpleasant. What was your usage like? I am finishing day 5 having only used 12.5 mg bac & 300 mg gabapentin. That’s around a third of what I was using on day 1, so that may indicate that day 5 is going to be three times easier than the first few days. Whow knows.

I notice around bedtime that my heaft pounds so loudly that sleep becomes difficult. If you are dealing with this, clonidine will help. And sleep, 50 mg of vistaril seems to work for me.

Edit: saw your usage. Mine was much shorter but the magnitudes were probaby similar. I remember maybe a month back dropping abrittle from 1.8 to nothing. The first night was so bad I continued to keep dosing until a better time became available. Every time I would shUT my eyes I would find myself half asleep half awake drifting through increasingly horrifying and anxiogenic situations. Then you wake up sweating.. terrible. Amazing that youre able to suffer though that. It does seem 5 hat sleep becones more attainable around day 5, with 7 your nights happening by day 7 or 8. Best of luck to you. I recommend staying away from antihistamines like unisol or benadryl because they have a potential to cause hallucinogens (source: erowid and myself). Having not gone naturally through the process, I have little advice to give.

A word from some random phenibut thread on the Web that helper me (probably bluelight): withdrawal is definitely not the time to begin thinking about life.

Anonymous

It’s day 5. How are you holding up?

Anonymous

[QUOTE=mrMichaelMan;678350]It’s day 5. How are you holding up?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late response. FINALLY, im off this shitty Phenibut. Remembering now, WOW, i still can’t believe phenibut is legal. This withdraw is plain brutal and not everybody can go thru this. Just like i said before, this time i guarantee I will never touch phenibut again. I will never underestimate this drug.

In around day 5 i had the most horrible hallucinations, nightmares, sweating and felt just plan crazy. I felt exactly like a junkie. I would say by day 8, i starting feeling normal (90% of withdraw effects gone) and after 12 days passed, i finally felt 100% recovered.

I starting getting some sleep by day 5, and each day after that got better and better sleep.

How have you been doing?

Anonymous

What do i do if im already off phenibut, but still feel loty and depression?

Anonymous

[QUOTE=leyenda100;678386]What do i do if im already off phenibut, but still feel loty and depression?[/QUOTE]

Lol. I was going to respond to your post but those were my thoughts as well. Didn’t want to be a downer. I’m looking into different nootropics… Wellbutrin works well for me and ashwagandha can be used as an effective general anxiety aid.

Anonymous

I feel good when taking modafinil. Doesn’t take anxiety away, but its better then nothing. There is no pill or perfect mood. And if there is a pill that makes you feel great, its a guarantee that sooner or later withdrawl will take again. I guess great things don’t last forever.

Anonymous

[QUOTE=leyenda100;678390]I feel good when taking modafinil. Doesn’t take anxiety away, but its better then nothing. There is no pill or perfect mood. And if there is a pill that makes you feel great, its a guarantee that sooner or later withdrawl will take again. I guess great things don’t last forever.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I’m just hoping there’s a trick. It does feel nice to be off the drugs.

Anonymous

I’am another casualty

Anonymous

Hi phenibut is no where near as bad as they say but your symptoms are spot on. The way to use it is: get off it for a month to clear the withdrawal then reverse it- meaning 1-2 days a week and 5 days off.

kenney52

Are you off Phenibut Tim? I really think while you did have an atypical reaction to Phenibut withdrawals you should of been able to rapidly taper off within a week or two but I guess I can only judge by my experience and have no way of knowing your experience. The fear of what happened and not knowing probably prevented you from it. In most cases excluding high dose phenibut benzo’s will mask all withdrawals. If someone obtains benzo’s best bet is to drop all Phenibut and if its still too much rapidly taper off in a few days.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,378 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are currently closed.