• How often can I use GABAPENTIN without building tolerance

Home Forums Chemically Correct Neuroscience/Nootropics How often can I use GABAPENTIN without building tolerance

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  spytech 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author

spytech

Anonymous

i take neurontin for diabetic neuropathy. 300mg 3x day. i gained a tolerance relatively quickly because i take it all the time. sounds like what your doing is fine. in my experience with meds of all kinds tolerance only happens if u dont give yourself a break. therein lies the difficulty with chronic med use for just about anything. i also take opiates for chronic back and neck pain(yes folks i am a whirlwind of chronic problems. for anyone else in this situation, what i have to do is go through a lapse in the routine or break if u will. what this does ofc is cause like a 2-3 day of going through serious pain and mild withdrawals so that the meds work again. otherwise i just keep going in an upward spiral of increased dosages. that ofc is followed usually by a spiral in another direction if u catch my meaning. not worth it ever…for anything…i know. when dealing with miracal medications u have to find your inner strengths to master and control them, or they will control you. god bless and stuff. <3

Anonymous

[QUOTE=MeDieViL;587861]
      Sometimes its suprising what things should be cross tolerant but actually arent, can be explained by differend downstream effects in some cases, wheter that apply’s to those 2 brothers?

We know that pregabalin doesnt alter the pharmacokinetics of gabapentin.[/QUOTE]

But that just means the concentration over time of one is not affected by the other. It does not address the question of cross-tolerance.

Anonymous

[QUOTE=monkeyboy;671319] i also take opiates for chronic back and neck pain(yes folks i am a whirlwind of chronic problems. for anyone else in this situation, what i have to do is go through a lapse in the routine or break if u will. what this does ofc is cause like a 2-3 day of going through serious pain and mild withdrawals so that the meds work again. otherwise i just keep going in an upward spiral of increased dosages. that ofc is followed usually by a spiral in another direction if u catch my meaning. not worth it ever…for anything…[/QUOTE]

There are some things you can do to reduce development of tolerance to opioids. For example, there is some research icating that nano- (or maybe pico-, don’t remember in this moment) doses of naltrexone taken with an opioid can reduce or prevent tolerance. Small doses of dextromethorphan apparently will also reduce tolerance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are currently closed.