• Good vitamin E supp?

Home Forums Supplements Supplements 101 Good vitamin E supp?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  lypeneate 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

I like toco-8.

Anonymous

I like toco-8.

Anonymous

I use NOW Tocotrienols & E Complex, relatively cheap compared to Toco8

Anonymous

I use NOW Tocotrienols & E Complex, relatively cheap compared to Toco8

Anonymous

i was going to say Toco 8 but someone already mentioned that, but when you are looking for the best quality supps you gotta pay:) hey we cant all drive a BMW with rims, but maybe we can afford the rims right…?

choose what you want to spend $ on and what is most important to you and spend the money on it, forme Vit E would definately deserve it as it is the main antioxident that prevents LDL’s fromdegrading and leaking cholesterol into our bodies

Anonymous

i was going to say Toco 8 but someone already mentioned that, but when you are looking for the best quality supps you gotta pay:) hey we cant all drive a BMW with rims, but maybe we can afford the rims right…?

choose what you want to spend $ on and what is most important to you and spend the money on it, forme Vit E would definately deserve it as it is the main antioxident that prevents LDL’s fromdegrading and leaking cholesterol into our bodies

Anonymous

Anonymous

Jarrow FamilE is pretty good.
      Not sure how well the tocotrienols are absorbed though.
      (Tocopherols reduce absorption of tocotrienols)

jhferry
      QUOTE (rwac @ Nov 23 2009, 10:42 AM) [url=”index.php?act=findpost&pid=577877″][/url]
      Jarrow FamilE is pretty good.
      Not sure how well the tocotrienols are absorbed though.
      (Tocopherols reduce absorption of tocotrienols)

Didnt it come out that Vit E was actually not good for cardio vascular Health?

Anonymous
      QUOTE (jhferry @ Jan 3 2010, 10:53 PM) [url=”index.php?act=findpost&pid=583088″][/url]
      Didnt it come out that Vit E was actually not good for cardio vascular Health?

The tests with vit E were all with large doses of alpha-tocopherol.
      However, we know that gamma-tocopherol intake should be larger than alpha.

Also, FamilE has a small (60IU, 200% RDA) dose of vit E.

Anonymous

Tocotrienols are not present in any significant quantity in any normal diet, and the amount in FamilE is already in excess of what can be obtained via diet.

While technically they may qualify as a vitamin the consumption of tocotrienols as a supplement is really a pharmacological intervention.

Anonymous

Personally I go for a table spoon of red palm oil a day, saves me money buying a separate vitamin e supplement, full of several other related antioxidants (highest dietary source of pro vitamin a) and comes in a friggin huge jar.

Label tells me it has per 14g:

-Total Carotenoids: 9.4mg
      -Beta Carotene: 5.3mg
      -Alpha Carotene: 3.3mg
      -Lycopene: 0.5mg
      -Tocpherols: 3.5mg
      -Toctrienols: 10mg
      -CoQ10: 0.63mg

Anonymous

Personally I go for a table spoon of red palm oil a day, saves me money buying a separate vitamin e supplement, full of several other related antioxidants (highest dietary source of pro vitamin a) and comes in a friggin huge jar.

Label tells me it has per 14g:

-Total Carotenoids: 9.4mg
      -Beta Carotene: 5.3mg
      -Alpha Carotene: 3.3mg
      -Lycopene: 0.5mg
      -Tocpherols: 3.5mg
      -Toctrienols: 10mg
      -CoQ10: 0.63mg

Bachovas

Mixed tocopherols, on d- form (not dl-) for better absorption. 400-800 UI should be good.

lypeneate

After reading this [url=”http://www.mindandmuscle.net/node/576″]http://www.mindandmuscle.net/node/576[/url] I decided i needed to replace my crappy vitamin E supp with a good one. Any suggestions?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are currently closed.