• Voice Issues?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Quimica 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

you need to get your DA up and your histamine down imo. you are the real sensitive type, no?

Anonymous

you need to get your DA up and your histamine down imo. you are the real sensitive type, no?

Anonymous

Anonymous

I honestly would say no, I’m not, or at least I do a good job of hiding it…? In a way I probably am, as in I let things swirl around in my head a little too long.

Could you explain the histamine?

Anonymous

I honestly would say no, I’m not, or at least I do a good job of hiding it…? In a way I probably am, as in I let things swirl around in my head a little too long.

Anonymous
      QUOTE (OttFatha @ Jan 28 2009, 11:43 PM) [url=”index.php?act=findpost&pid=531621″][/url]

your writing style comes across as insecure. ime high histamine types not only have allergies but also issues with anxiety, self-confidence, and testosterone. it may or may not be a causal relationship but that is what i have observed in my limited experience. i’m no expert though.

are you fair skinned, blond or light fine hair??

Anonymous
      QUOTE (OttFatha @ Jan 28 2009, 11:43 PM) [url=”index.php?act=findpost&pid=531621″][/url]

your writing style comes across as insecure. ime high histamine types not only have allergies but also issues with anxiety, self-confidence, and testosterone. it may or may not be a causal relationship but that is what i have observed in my limited experience. i’m no expert though.

Anonymous
      Finally, I realize its also psychological, but its a feedback loop that I’m having trouble stopping. I think about it, which might make it come out funny, which then makes me think about it more, etc…. Help me… lol

This sounds a lot like anxiety to me. When people get extremely anxious and have a lot of physiological arousal, it can manifest in their voice modulation and tone. Think about it: the embodiment of relaxed “cool” artists like Barry White are associated with a deep baritone.

You haven’t described enough, but I will tell you that a lot of patients with social phobia are extremely self-conscious of their own bodily symptoms (voice, sweating, blushing, etc.), and how that appears to other people.

Yes, it can be a feedback loop. Let’s use blushing as an example: You’ve had a few bad experiences in which you blushed in social situations, and became extremely anxious when people noticed. Thus, you’ve developed a conditioned response to anxiety/embarrassment/bodily symptoms of anxiety & blushing. So now whenever you go into a social situation, your anticipatory anxiety makes you blush automatically, which makes you even more embarrassed, which makes you blush stronger, etc. (negative feedback loop).

Doing some CBT would help with this. Specifically, some exposure therapy, focusing on your speech in social situations, and extinguishing the anxious response. Also, some cognitive work would help reduce your self-consciousness/anxiety about what (you think) other people think if you have a voice that’s slightly off/high.

Anonymous
      Finally, I realize its also psychological, but its a feedback loop that I’m having trouble stopping. I think about it, which might make it come out funny, which then makes me think about it more, etc…. Help me… lol

This sounds a lot like anxiety to me. When people get extremely anxious and have a lot of physiological arousal, it can manifest in their voice modulation and tone. Think about it: the embodiment of relaxed “cool” artists like Barry White are associated with a deep baritone.

You haven’t described enough, but I will tell you that a lot of patients with social phobia are extremely self-conscious of their own bodily symptoms (voice, sweating, blushing, etc.), and how that appears to other people.

Yes, it can be a feedback loop. Let’s use blushing as an example: You’ve had a few bad experiences in which you blushed in social situations, and became extremely anxious when people noticed. Thus, you’ve developed a conditioned response to anxiety/embarrassment/bodily symptoms of anxiety & blushing. So now whenever you go into a social situation, your anticipatory anxiety makes you blush automatically, which makes you even more embarrassed, which makes you blush stronger, etc. (negative feedback loop).

Doing some CBT would help with this. Specifically, some exposure therapy, focusing on your speech in social situations, and extinguishing the anxious response. Also, some cognitive work would help reduce your self-consciousness/anxiety about what (you think) other people think if you have a voice that’s slightly off/high.

Anonymous
      QUOTE (SoulSeeker @ Jan 29 2009, 01:03 AM) [url=”index.php?act=findpost&pid=531636″][/url]

I had this exact same feedback loop with the sweating and blushing. It ended as soon as I discontinued SSRIs.

Anonymous
      QUOTE (SoulSeeker @ Jan 29 2009, 01:03 AM) [url=”index.php?act=findpost&pid=531636″][/url]

I had this exact same feedback loop with the sweating and blushing. It ended as soon as I discontinued SSRIs.

Anonymous

I think it has to do with worrying with what others may think of you, which really boils down to confidence.

We all vary our voices slightly depending upon the situation, it is normal. Say, when you are speaking to ladies or need to act alpha, you will automatically switch to a deeper voice. On the other hand, if you are fucking around with your buddies who you know don’t give a fuck about your voice, you will feel more natural. Shit, even when I talk to my mom I change my voice, don’t want to act all alpha with her cos she’ll slap me on my face and tell me to stop acting like Burt Reynolds.

Age has to do with this too. How old are you?

Anonymous

I think it has to do with worrying with what others may think of you, which really boils down to confidence.

We all vary our voices slightly depending upon the situation, it is normal. Say, when you are speaking to ladies or need to act alpha, you will automatically switch to a deeper voice. On the other hand, if you are fucking around with your buddies who you know don’t give a fuck about your voice, you will feel more natural. Shit, even when I talk to my mom I change my voice, don’t want to act all alpha with her cos she’ll slap me on my face and tell me to stop acting like Burt Reynolds.

Anonymous

Anonymous

If you have insurance you might look into consulting a speech therapist. Your insurance should cover this. A speech therapist can teach you techniques to relax your throat and help with speaking when you are caught off guard.
      They can also help you find the most natural pitch for you.

It might also help to work on anxiety issues you may have. And no harm in getting a medical check up to address the excess mucous problem. It might be worth a try to see if reducing dairy helps with this problem.

But a speech therapist can probably help your understand your speech and voice problems better.

Anonymous

If you have insurance you might look into consulting a speech therapist. Your insurance should cover this. A speech therapist can teach you techniques to relax your throat and help with speaking when you are caught off guard.
      They can also help you find the most natural pitch for you.

It might also help to work on anxiety issues you may have. And no harm in getting a medical check up to address the excess mucous problem. It might be worth a try to see if reducing dairy helps with this problem.

But a speech therapist can probably help your understand your speech and voice problems better.

Anonymous

Postural issues. Work on lower back, mid back, shoulders and vacuum pose.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous
      QUOTE (DavidWebb @ Jan 29 2009, 12:00 AM) [url=”index.php?act=findpost&pid=531626″][/url]

Nope, none of the three. Would having almost non-stop (yet moderate) allergy symptoms be indicative of high histamine? And yea, I probably do come off as insecure because I dont post on message boards often and I’m here confessing my problems… I appreciate the help though.

Can histamine levels be checked easily? Say they are high, then what?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are currently closed.