• mood: SSRI, welbutrin, marijuana

Home Forums Chemically Correct Neuroscience/Nootropics mood: SSRI, welbutrin, marijuana

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  glendr1 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
    • Author

Anonymous

Wtf you are incredibly sensitive to marijuana!!

Anonymous

Anonymous

eclypz

Just give it a bit, pot stays in your system for quite a while.

I hope you’ve learned your lesson. For some of us pot’s the answer and for others it only leads to sides that keep us from feeling life.

eclypz

I hope you’ve learned your lesson. For some of us pot’s the answer and for others it only leads to sides that keep us from feeling life.

eclypz

Anonymous

amazing, absolutely AMAZING you posted this.

Since October I was on an SSRI, in Decemeber doc added Wellbutrin…

I smoked all through the summer with a friend… and eventually got on these meds a few months later.

To make a long story short…

He’s a major pot head, and he wants to smoke all the time. I gave in, felt like shit the next few days, could not figure out why.

I find that marijuana definitely interacts with these drugs. I find it to be the Wellbutrin more than anything. I would smoke on Zoloft by itself, and would still have a depressed effect, but not as much as while I was on both wellbutrin and zoloft. I was taking 50 mg Zoloft, and am now tapering off the SSRIs completely. I’m down to 12.5 and will quit next week. Doc wants to put me on another SSRI – Fuck that.

But yeah bro, you are not alone! I smoked a huge bowl before I went out on Saturday – it TOTALLY fucked with me. I don’t remember much of anything, I woke up the next day VERY depressed, next day I woke up pissed at the world with empty feelings, and today (Wednesday) I am starting to feel like myself again.

I have decided to completely cut pot out while on these meds… there is some serious interaction between them ( I believe the wellbutrin and marijuana is what is having the most effect). Everyone is different, but for me and you, it would probably be best to stop smoking marijuana while taking the meds.

And yea, as far as having a buddy that pressures ya and shit, heh… just tell em straight up – you’re on meds, it makes you feel like shit… can’t do it anymore. you got bigger things to worry about (school, etc) cause im in the EXACT same position.

just be strong

Anonymous

amazing, absolutely AMAZING you posted this.

Since October I was on an SSRI, in Decemeber doc added Wellbutrin…

I smoked all through the summer with a friend… and eventually got on these meds a few months later.

To make a long story short…

He’s a major pot head, and he wants to smoke all the time. I gave in, felt like shit the next few days, could not figure out why.

I find that marijuana definitely interacts with these drugs. I find it to be the Wellbutrin more than anything. I would smoke on Zoloft by itself, and would still have a depressed effect, but not as much as while I was on both wellbutrin and zoloft. I was taking 50 mg Zoloft, and am now tapering off the SSRIs completely. I’m down to 12.5 and will quit next week. Doc wants to put me on another SSRI – Fuck that.

But yeah bro, you are not alone! I smoked a huge bowl before I went out on Saturday – it TOTALLY fucked with me. I don’t remember much of anything, I woke up the next day VERY depressed, next day I woke up pissed at the world with empty feelings, and today (Wednesday) I am starting to feel like myself again.

I have decided to completely cut pot out while on these meds… there is some serious interaction between them ( I believe the wellbutrin and marijuana is what is having the most effect). Everyone is different, but for me and you, it would probably be best to stop smoking marijuana while taking the meds.

And yea, as far as having a buddy that pressures ya and shit, heh… just tell em straight up – you’re on meds, it makes you feel like shit… can’t do it anymore. you got bigger things to worry about (school, etc) cause im in the EXACT same position.

just be strong

Anonymous

my experience have smoked a lot and i do not like weed much

ive always been inattentive and laidback and worry free and i dont like the weed feeling

i think weed is a mood brightener and dulls the pain for those who have too much feeling and get depressed and unhappy

as for me my problem is also not having any emotions and cannot feel much which i agree is worse, so i dont need weed right now

Anonymous

ive always been inattentive and laidback and worry free and i dont like the weed feeling

i think weed is a mood brightener and dulls the pain for those who have too much feeling and get depressed and unhappy

as for me my problem is also not having any emotions and cannot feel much which i agree is worse, so i dont need weed right now

Anonymous

Anonymous

I can’t feel anything(emotions) anymore. Doc is upping my dose of bupropion to 150mg.

Anonymous

I can’t feel anything(emotions) anymore. Doc is upping my dose of bupropion to 150mg.

Anonymous

Anonymous

when u say you cant feel anything what exactly do you mean? tell us more detail

i think i had a similar problem to yours and i was going the wrong direction by increasing dopamine.took megadosese of tyrosine, deprenyl, used methylphenidate, adderall and others. I used to think that having high dopamine all the time would increase my reward/pleasure feeling and make me more motivated/happier, but it did the opposite to me; my body was in a a sort of constant state of satisfaction (even though i felt down because it wasnt normal) with the high dopamine and fun activities did not excite me i had no desire to do anything or talk to anyone, and i was in a sort of “depression” because i couldnt “feel” any emotions either. if this sounds similar to you let me know and include more details

Anonymous

i think i had a similar problem to yours and i was going the wrong direction by increasing dopamine.took megadosese of tyrosine, deprenyl, used methylphenidate, adderall and others. I used to think that having high dopamine all the time would increase my reward/pleasure feeling and make me more motivated/happier, but it did the opposite to me; my body was in a a sort of constant state of satisfaction (even though i felt down because it wasnt normal) with the high dopamine and fun activities did not excite me i had no desire to do anything or talk to anyone, and i was in a sort of “depression” because i couldnt “feel” any emotions either. if this sounds similar to you let me know and include more details

Anonymous

Anonymous

Marijuana can be very harmful to someone with an anxiety disorder expecially OCD…..I have it pretty bad so Im telling you first hand

you seem pretty bright for your age, I would stick with your medicine regimin, add in some exercise and nutritional supplements and look at some of the meditation articles on the site….it takes awhile to get a hang of but it really does help

i was on zoloft for many years, and many other drugs as well for OCD if you have any questions that you think I can answer from my experience, Id be happy to help

Anonymous

Marijuana can be very harmful to someone with an anxiety disorder expecially OCD…..I have it pretty bad so Im telling you first hand

you seem pretty bright for your age, I would stick with your medicine regimin, add in some exercise and nutritional supplements and look at some of the meditation articles on the site….it takes awhile to get a hang of but it really does help

i was on zoloft for many years, and many other drugs as well for OCD if you have any questions that you think I can answer from my experience, Id be happy to help

Anonymous

really.

[color=”#C0C0C0″].

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are currently closed.