• Nerve Regeneration Supplements

Home Forums Supplements Supplements 101 Nerve Regeneration Supplements

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  zooworms 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    • Author

ScottL

Use the search engine as there is a long thread on this.

Anonymous

Use the search engine as there is a long thread on this.

could you please post a link…thanks

ScottL

[url=”http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7634&hl=nerve”]http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.p…34&hl=nerve[/url]

Anonymous

thanks!

andr3as

Clenbuterol stimulates IGF-1

Anonymous

[url=”http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7634&hl=nerve”]http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/index.p…34&hl=nerve[/url]

thanks

Anonymous

[b]Idebenone, R-dihydrolipoic acid.[/b]

I think I caused some nerve damage from an igf injection into my calf (from the AA). I have had numbness on the outside of my leg, a ‘surface-deep’ type of numbness, that extends from the outer head down to the ankle. I had just decided it would be a minor irritation I would hav to live with.

What do you think about SOD or mitoquinone for nerve regeneration?

thanks,

bb

Dopamine

Aswagandha, ALCAR (possibly the arginate form), Huperzine A. Studies on Hydergine wrt NGF are virtually non-existent. Alpha Lipoic acid as a coenzyme appears to increase (in one study) NGF in mouse astroglial cells, inducing a similar effect as other coenzymes: PQQ, pyrroloquinoline quinone; and TOPA, 3-(2,4,5-trihydroxyphenyl)-DL-alanine.

The medium-chain fatty acid octanoic acid is reported to increase NGF in PC12 cells (from rat pheochromocytoma).

Prostaglandins are reported to increase NGF and BDNF levels “in rat astrocyte cultures.”

Dopamine agonists (e.g. pergolide, cabergoline) are reported to increase GDNF and NGF synthesis in “cultured rat astrocytes.”

Neurochem Res. 1995 Jan;20(1):1-9. “Neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells stimulated by acetyl-L-carnitine arginine amide.” Taglialatela G, Navarra D, Olivi A, Ramacci MT,Werrbach-Perez K, Perez-Polo JR, Angelucci L. PMID: 7739750.

Biochem Pharmacol. 1992 Aug 4;44(3):577-85. “Stimulation of nerve growth factor receptors in PC12 by acetyl-L-carnitine.” Taglialatela G, Angelucci L, Ramacci MT, et al. PMID: 1324679.

Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2005 Jun;26(6):673-8. “Effects of huperzine A on secretion of nerve growth factor in cultured rat cortical astrocytes and neurite outgrowth in rat PC12 cells.” Tang LL, Wang R, Tang XC. PMID: 15916732

Br J Pharmacol. 2005 Apr;144(7):961-71. “Neuritic regeneration and synaptic reconstruction induced by withanolide A.” Kuboyama T, Tohda C, Komatsu K. PMID: 15711595.

Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1993 Jul;30(4):615-21. “Stimulation of nerve growth factor synthesis/secretion in mouse astroglial cells by coenzymes.” Murase K. PMID: 8401318.

Neuroscience. 2007 Apr 13; [Epub ahead of print]. “Induction of neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells by the medium-chain fatty acid octanoic acid.” Kamata Y, et al. PMID: 17434686.

Life Sci. 2003 Jun 20;73(5):617-26. “Effects of dopamine agonists bromocriptine, pergolide, cabergoline, and SKF-38393 on GDNF, NGF, and BDNF synthesis in cultured mouse astrocytes.” Ohta K, et al. PMID: 12770616 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]

FEBS Lett. 2004 Mar 26;562(1-3):211-5. “Prostaglandins are powerful inducers of NGF and BDNF production in mouse astrocyte cultures.” Toyomoto M, et al. PMID: 15044028 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]

zooworms

What supplements or drugs help with nerve regeneration? I’ve got serious nerve damage from a herniated disk, and I’m just staring physical therapy. I appreciate any leads.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are currently closed.