• Broccoli–dopamine boosting ?

Home Forums Supplements Supplements 101 Broccoli–dopamine boosting ?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chip Douglas 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
    • Author

possible in the 3-indole Carbinol type route?? or DIM….supresing estrogenic activity??

Chip Douglas

possible in the 3-indole Carbinol type route?? or DIM….supresing estrogenic activity??

Beat me, but it might make sense. If only Dr. Braverman would explain what study he got that from, or at least the mechanism behind it

Chip Douglas

Oh by the way and off topic, you got a cool nick

Chip Douglas

Further into Dr. Braverman’s new book : *Younger you*, I found this and I quote :

”Leptin controls dopamine levels”.

Later he writes this :

”Leptin-producing, appetite-suppressing super foods.

Eat one complete serving of each of these foods to boost your leptin production. For the most bang for the buck, broccoli is clearly the best dopamine-enhancing food.

Apples

Pomegrenate juice

Salmon

Broccoli

Carrots

Eggs white

Spinach

Unsalted almonds ”

End of the quote.

So here the dopamine increasing ability of broccoli appears to be through increased leptin. I admit to not being at all familiar with the leptin/dopamine connection. Perhaps some more knowledgeable forums users will chime in.

Anonymous

Further into Dr. Braverman’s new book : *Younger you*, I found this and I quote :

”Leptin controls dopamine levels”.

Later he writes this :

”Leptin-producing, appetite-suppressing super foods.

Eat one complete serving of each of these foods to boost your leptin production. For the most bang for the buck, broccoli is clearly the best dopamine-enhancing food.

Apples

Pomegrenate juice

Salmon

Broccoli

Carrots

Eggs white

Spinach

Unsalted almonds ”

End of the quote.

So here the dopamine increasing ability of broccoli appears to be through increased leptin. I admit to not being at all familiar with the leptin/dopamine connection. Perhaps some more knowledgeable forums users will chime in.

A good read to learn more about the dopamine/leptin connection, is Lyle Mcdonald’s ” Bromocriptine:An old drug with new uses. It advocates the use of Dopamine agonists such as Bromocriptine, to enhance weight loss on a diet and to keep you from plateauing.

Logos

Well I haven’t read up on Leptin yet, but I believe that broccoli is a very good source of chromium.

So…. chromium > controls blood sugar > decreases food cravings

now for some of my speculation …. decreases food cravings > caloric restriction > increased neurotrophic

factors > healthier dopamine neurons > more efficient dopamine production/utilization

….. probably not what Braverman was thinking, but who knows what that guy is thinking anyway.

BTW… do you supplement with Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, and Methionine for dopamine production?

Chip Douglas

Well I haven’t read up on Leptin yet, but I believe that broccoli is a very good source of chromium.

So…. chromium > controls blood sugar > decreases food cravings

now for some of my speculation …. decreases food cravings > caloric restriction > increased neurotrophic

factors > healthier dopamine neurons > more efficient dopamine production/utilization

….. probably not what Braverman was thinking, but who knows what that guy is thinking anyway.

BTW… do you supplement with Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, and Methionine for dopamine production?

Haven’t really given Tyro. Phenylalanine and methionine a go so far, but I was thinking about it days ago.

Anonymous

Haven’t really given Tyro. Phenylalanine and methionine a go so far, but I was thinking about it days ago.

what about mucuna puriens?

it contains L-dopa which is the final recursor to dopamine if i’m not mistaken.

Anonymous

what about mucuna puriens?

it contains L-dopa which is the final recursor to dopamine if i’m not mistaken.

In theory, and I have talked to someone more knowledgable on the subject than I and he also stated this. Depreyl could also work through this way but by a different mechanism as it increases the free dopamine pool ,instead of being a dopamine receptor agonist.

Anonymous

In theory, and I have talked to someone more knowledgable on the subject than I and he also stated this. Depreyl could also work through this way but by a different mechanism as it increases the free dopamine pool ,instead of being a dopamine receptor agonist.

there is a product called craniyums which contains l-tyrosine and l-dopa in lozenges. not sure if you’ve heard about it.

Anonymous

there is a product called craniyums which contains l-tyrosine and l-dopa in lozenges. not sure if you’ve heard about it.

Anonymous

Hey hey!METH is also good for dopamine boosting

Anonymous

Hey hey!METH is also good for dopamine boosting

Anonymous

Btw, the presence of quercetin in broccoli means that the overall effect on neurotransmitter function is going to be fairly fucking complex. Excellent addition to diet in any case IMO

Anonymous

Btw, the presence of quercetin in broccoli means that the overall effect on neurotransmitter function is going to be fairly fucking complex. Excellent addition to diet in any case IMO

Anonymous

The only study on this directly shows polyphenol oxidase [i]decreasing[/i] in vitro dopamine. [url=”http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=11513690&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_docsum”](source)[/url]

Estrogens have a complex effect on dopamine; they can decrease DA transmission in favor of glutamergic, but also dramatically increase DA sensitivity, thus why women get a much stronger effect from dopaminergics. Phytoestrogens complicate this further; they can function as ER agonists or as SERM depending on endogenous E levels and the type of receptor/location. Further, depending on intestinal microflora, many can be metabolized to the much more potent phytoestrogen equol.

I want to see Braverman back up his claims with data and cites.

Anonymous

The only study on this directly shows polyphenol oxidase [i]decreasing[/i] in vitro dopamine. [url=”http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=11513690&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_docsum”](source)[/url]

Estrogens have a complex effect on dopamine; they can decrease DA transmission in favor of glutamergic, but also dramatically increase DA sensitivity, thus why women get a much stronger effect from dopaminergics. Phytoestrogens complicate this further; they can function as ER agonists or as SERM depending on endogenous E levels and the type of receptor/location. Further, depending on intestinal microflora, many can be metabolized to the much more potent phytoestrogen equol.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Broccoli isn’t supposed to have indole-3-carbinol with Antiestrogen properties?Hah.

Anonymous

Broccoli isn’t supposed to have indole-3-carbinol with Antiestrogen properties?Hah.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are currently closed.