• Follistatin vs. Myostatin

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MetaBeta 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
    • Author

skinnie

hello new here. just wondering if anyone knows about either myo-029 or myo-29(seen it printed both ways). tested by wyeth phamaceuticals on human subjects, started sometime in summer of 04.

Anonymous

howdy there. First off: Bump.

second: what textbooks would one have to familiarize oneself with to cut through all this biochemical mumbo-jumbo and see what you kids are chattering on about?

(I’m assuming a general Genetics textbook and a Biochem book, but maybe somone could be a bit more specific)

Thanks!

Anonymous

[QUOTE=D Sade’ post=’167989;150302]Very interesting.

The stuff I found is cheap, so I might have them send some samples and do some “self-experimentation”.

Sodium Butyrate is a potent HDAC inhibitor and is already available in supplement form and used for lower bowel conditions. Not shure if this is what Avant’s team is referring to? Could this possibly be used to do the things that we are speculating on?[/QUOTE]

Was Miles refering to your subsance brought up here?

Also, have we determined if Spook was correct about SIRT-1 inolvement? If so what kind of negative feedback coudl we expect?

If SB really was the ingredient does anyone have any experiences they’d like to share?

I’ll be reviving my anabolism thread and first order of business is to tie up old loose ends that I skipped over because my tiny brain was over whelmed.

Anonymous

[QUOTE=D Sade’ post=’167989;150302]Very interesting.

The stuff I found is cheap, so I might have them send some samples and do some “self-experimentation”.

Sodium Butyrate is a potent HDAC inhibitor and is already available in supplement form and used for lower bowel conditions. Not shure if this is what Avant’s team is referring to? Could this possibly be used to do the things that we are speculating on?[/QUOTE]

Also, have we determined if Spook was correct about SIRT-1 inolvement? If so what kind of negative feedback coudl we expect?

If SB really was the ingredient does anyone have any experiences they’d like to share?

I’ll be reviving my anabolism thread and first order of business is to tie up old loose ends that I skipped over because my tiny brain was over whelmed.

Yes…we actually looked at HDAC inhibitors a while back. I have already found something that qualifies as both a supplement and a potent HDAC inhibitor.

We are still researching it.

What?

Yes…we actually looked at HDAC inhibitors a while back. I have already found something that qualifies as both a supplement and a potent HDAC inhibitor.

What?

What?

Anonymous

Ds – anything that you can bring us up to speed on the last 3.75 years since?

yes yes crowned…. Bumpasaurus Rex bitches.

Anonymous

Anonymous

What about Tributyrin? It’s a liquid but it can be capped. It burns slightly to swallow on its own but it has no discernible smell or flavour.

I capped it by taking a block of wood, drilling holes into it (not through it) to support the capsules. Fill the capsules and press the top on tightly. As long as the capsule remains upright, it won’t leak.

I’m taking 6 capsules 3 times per day. Each capsule is 00 in size and holds slightly more than 0.5ml. This works out to about 9 grams per day I believe.

I just started. It seems to be well tolerated.

What about Tributyrin? It’s a liquid but it can be capped. It burns slightly to swallow on its own but it has no discernible smell or flavour.

I capped it by taking a block of wood, drilling holes into it (not through it) to support the capsules. Fill the capsules and press the top on tightly. As long as the capsule remains upright, it won’t leak.

I’m taking 6 capsules 3 times per day. Each capsule is 00 in size and holds slightly more than 0.5ml. This works out to about 9 grams per day I believe.

Anonymous

… ok I get that Tributyrin is a lipolytic enzyme, but what effect are you going after with it’s oral consumption? Data? Relevance? Not trying to abrasive. I guess I’m requesting an explination of the why instead of the how.

Anonymous

… ok I get that Tributyrin is a lipolytic enzyme, but what effect are you going after with it’s oral consumption? Data? Relevance? Not trying to abrasive. I guess I’m requesting an explination of the why instead of the how.

Anonymous

Synonym: glyceryl tributyrate, tributyrylglycerol.

Tributyrin, a Stable and Rapidly Absorbed Product of Butyric Acid…….like sodium butyrate only 3 time more potent per mole. Butyrate is an HDAC inhibitor which has been shown to increase follistatin in a similar manner to Trichostatin A.

[url=”http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/131/6/1839″]http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/131/6/1839[/url]

…”In spite of its early promise, butyrate is not among the drugs used for cancer treatment. The major problem has been to achieve and maintain its millimolar concentrations in blood. Butyrate is metabolized rapidly as soon as it enters the colonocyte via its active transport system (11Citation 12Citation 13Citation) , and its plasma concentrations are far below those required to exert its antiproliferative/differentiating actions. A prodrug of natural butyrate, tributyrin, is a neutral short-chain fatty acid triglyceride that is likely to overcome the pharmacokinetic drawbacks of natural butyrate as a drug (14)Citation . Because it is rapidly absorbed and chemically stable in plasma, tributyrin diffuses through biological membranes and is metabolized by intracellular lipases, releasing therapeutically effective butyrate over time directly into the cell. Compared with butyrate, tributyrin has more favorable pharmacokinetics (14Citation 15Citation 16Citation) and is well tolerated (17)Citation . Liquid tributyrin filled into gelatin capsules and administered orally resulted in millimolar concentrations of butyrate both in plasma and inside the cell (17)Citation . In vitro, tributyrin has potent antiproliferative, proapoptotic and differentiation-inducing effects in neoplastic cells (18Citation 19Citation 20)Citation . In this study, human colon cancer cells (Caco-2) were used to investigate the effects of tributyrin on growth and differentiation.”

Tributyrin, a Stable and Rapidly Absorbed Product of Butyric Acid…….like sodium butyrate only 3 time more potent per mole. Butyrate is an HDAC inhibitor which has been shown to increase follistatin in a similar manner to Trichostatin A.

[url=”http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/131/6/1839″]http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/131/6/1839[/url]

…”In spite of its early promise, butyrate is not among the drugs used for cancer treatment. The major problem has been to achieve and maintain its millimolar concentrations in blood. Butyrate is metabolized rapidly as soon as it enters the colonocyte via its active transport system (11Citation 12Citation 13Citation) , and its plasma concentrations are far below those required to exert its antiproliferative/differentiating actions. A prodrug of natural butyrate, tributyrin, is a neutral short-chain fatty acid triglyceride that is likely to overcome the pharmacokinetic drawbacks of natural butyrate as a drug (14)Citation . Because it is rapidly absorbed and chemically stable in plasma, tributyrin diffuses through biological membranes and is metabolized by intracellular lipases, releasing therapeutically effective butyrate over time directly into the cell. Compared with butyrate, tributyrin has more favorable pharmacokinetics (14Citation 15Citation 16Citation) and is well tolerated (17)Citation . Liquid tributyrin filled into gelatin capsules and administered orally resulted in millimolar concentrations of butyrate both in plasma and inside the cell (17)Citation . In vitro, tributyrin has potent antiproliferative, proapoptotic and differentiation-inducing effects in neoplastic cells (18Citation 19Citation 20)Citation . In this study, human colon cancer cells (Caco-2) were used to investigate the effects of tributyrin on growth and differentiation.”

Any evidence regarding its efficacy for raising follistatin? Anything comparing it to trichostatin A? I’ve read of numerous people taking rather substantial doses for prolonged periods with side effects noted such as “anorexia, weight loss etc.”. It didn’t appear to stimulate muscle specific follistatin to any appreciable extent…well, not to any extent we would appreciate.

Any evidence regarding its efficacy for raising follistatin? Anything comparing it to trichostatin A? I’ve read of numerous people taking rather substantial doses for prolonged periods with side effects noted such as “anorexia, weight loss etc.”. It didn’t appear to stimulate muscle specific follistatin to any appreciable extent…well, not to any extent we would appreciate.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are currently closed.