When I work out, I like to listen to motivational speeches. One thing that stuck with me was that most people are stuck on “Someday-Island”, someday I will start eating healthy, some day I will start working out, some day I will start doing yoga…
People don’t lack the will to create a vision they want to pursue, but they lack the actual will to put in the work required to reach that goal. Especially if it comes to fitness and health, people are looking for a short-term fix. The fitness industry targets such behavior with programs like 30-day weight loss challenges, supplements that help you lose 10 lb or gain 10 lb within 2 weeks.
The actual way to reaching the goal of living a healthy lifestyle is not such short-term fix, it’s creating a healthy routine. It’s making health and fitness a habit. I have to admit, it will be hard at the start. It’s hard getting out of your comfort zone and changing your habits. Once you overcome these first few weeks it will just become “normal” to you though.
Here’s a bunch of tips on how to create that healthy lifestyle:
- Plan your days out, plan your meals in, your workouts, down-time as well as time for work or school.
- Get into a workout routine, plan your workouts out the week of, what day do you train legs, when chest…
- Mealprep, easy to stick to healthy meals if your food is already ready to go.
- Find your swolemate, find someone that keeps you accountable to working out.
- Set short term and long term goals so you don’t lose sight of your progress.
- Take progress pictures, this will help you see progress when it feels like your body just won’t change.
- Have role models, need motivation? Look at your role model, they do it, so can you.
Don’t get stuck on “someday island”, make it happen today. The earlier you start changing your life, the earlier you will start seeing progress.