APS Creatine Monohydrate
Creatine is probably the most studied supplement on the market. There are all kinds of crazy claims made about creatine. It has been called everything from a steroid to a mystery substance that people can’t explain. So what is it? Well, it’s not a steroid! It is synthesized from 3 amino acids; arginine, glycine, and methionine. It is formed in the liver and then converted into phosphocreatine and transported into the muscles. It has more than a few benefits:
● It can increase performance in explosive(anaerobic) exercise.
● Creatine enhances recovery ability
● Increases anaerobic capacity
● Creatine volumizes muscle tissue- it pulls water into muscle cells, making them larger.
● Creatine aids in brain function- it has neuroprotective properties against physical damage and free radical damage.
● It increases methylation which helps improve protein synthesis.
Short term supplementation of creatine has been shown to significantly increase muscular performance. It may help athletes work out at a higher intensity during resistance exercise. A resulting greater training stimulus over time may result in enhanced muscle growth. Creatine also acts as a buffer to lactic acid during intense exercise. All these benefits make creatine a very affordable, must have supplement.