Getting up in the morning is easy to me… Most days. But, when I run on barely any sleep it can be hard for me too.
Here some tips and tricks on how to make it easier – how to become a morning person:
- Keep a schedule. Try going to bed and getting up at around the same times.
- Make your alarm clock ringtone something that makes you want to get up. I like to make my alarm clock a good song…
- Keep the caffeine low. Yes, no coffee or pre workout after 5 pm. At least that’s what it is for me. Try drinking herbal tea before bed instead.
- Plan your next day out. This way you know what to get done and why you’re getting up – wake up with a purpose.
- Plan out your outfits. If you want to go on a morning run, then lay out your running outfit. No choice but to get into the outfit and run.
- Look good, feel good, play good. Put on make up, wear nice clothing, feel fresh and confident.
- Plug headphones in, music can help get in a good mood before any social contact is required.
- Lights on, get up and turn the lights on, hard to get back into bed when the lights are all on.
- COFFEE – the magic ingredient for when everything else fails.
Get up every morning and remember; you are blessed. Blessed to wake up and have the opportunity to work for you. Waking up with a vision – and a cup of coffee – makes it so much easier.