MENS PHYSIQUE ATHLETE Chad Dunn Talks With MindandMuscle.com
Contest Weight: 150 lbs
Off-Season Weight: 165 lbs
How did you get started with bodybuilding?
I got started into bodybuilding from my father he did it during the golden era with Frank Zane, and of course Arnold.
Where does your motivation come from?
Motivation for me would have to be my daughter. This is something I love and feel I can make a carrer in and hope to make it a living and provide a better future for her.
What workout routine has worked best for you?
The best workouts for me that I have seen amazing results would be high volume. The more sets and reps I do the more I grow and see results.
Team Juggernaut Sample Routine:
- seated leg curls 12r x 4s
- leg press 12r x4s
- dumbbell RDLs 12r x 4s
- superset squats & leg extensions (top 2/3 movement only) 20r x 7s (45sec rest)
- standing calves 12r x 5s
- tri-set side, rear, front laterals 12r x 3s
- dumbbel shoulder press (palms facing each other) 12r x 3s
- superset ex bar upright rows & ez bar front laterals 12r x 3s
- dumbbell shrugs 20r x 3s
- cable side laterals 12r x 7s
- rope crunches 20r x 5s
- pull ups 12r x 3s
- tri set pull downs behind the neck, pulldowns wide grip to front, close grip pulldowns 10r x 3s
- rev grip bent rows 12 r x 3s
- seated rows 10r x 7s
- hanging leg lifts 20r x 5s
Day 4 Cardio/Rest
- Off/Cardio 20 mins
- pec deck 12r x 3s
- incline smith bench 10r x 4s
- incline flyes 12r x 3s (deep stretch)
- superset dips & push ups 20r x 7s
- decline crunches 20r x 5s
- tri set dumbbell alt curls, straight hammer curls, cross body curls 6r x 3s
- superset ez bar curls & rev grip ez bar curls 10r x 3s
- dumbbell concentration curls 12r x 7s (alt arms is rest)
- superset tricep pushdowns & rev grip tricep pushdowns 12r x 3s
- overhead rope tricep press 12r x 3s
- dumbbell tricep kickbacks 12r x 7s (alt arms is rest)
- leg lifts 20r x 5s
Day 7 Cardio/Rest
- Off/Cardio 20 mins
What is your secret to your incredible recomposition?
I started lifting about 4 years ago. I can remember the day I started I weighed myself and I was at 100lbs. I always have had a struggle putting on size through the years and finally said im tired of being the little guy. So from there I busted my butt in the gym everyday not knowing much at all. What I did was eat everything and anything I could. Everyone use to tell me you have to eat big to get big. Then I started reading forums watching youtube videos day in and day out trying to absorb as much information as I could and throughout the years till it finally came together, learning how to diet, using supplemention correctly knowing how to feed my body properly was the key.
If you had to pick only 3 exercises what would they be and why?
Three exercises that I would pick would be shoulder press, lat pull-downs, and bench press, and the reason being in Men’s Physique you want to have the large chest the wide shoulders and V-taper to make you look wide as possible so I feel if I focus on these lifts it will help me achieve that look come competition time!
What is your diet like?
My diet right is high carb, high in moderate fats at the moment because I’m still in my off-season but trying to put on lean mass so I know the size I am putting on is muscle.
Sample Diet of Mine when cleanly growing
- Meal 1
1 cup egg whites
2 slices Ezekiel bread
2ml T2 by Liquid Labs
2 scoops Rise and Swell by Liquid Labs
- Meal 2
1 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup raw almonds
- Meal 3
8oz protein ( Chicken, turkey or fish ) pre-cooked weight
1 cups green veggies
2 tbsp coconut oil or 1/2 avocado
- Pre workout
2 scoops Wyked by Liquid Labs
1 scoop protein
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Intra Workout
1 scoop Intrafuse by Liquid Labs
1 packet lemon crystal light
2 scoop whey protein
1 scoop Intrafuse by Liquid Labs (mixed with the protein shake)
- Meal 4
8oz ground (beef 90/10, chicken or turkey) pre-cooked weight
1 cups cooked white or jasmine rice
- Meal 5
1 cup oatmeal square or fruity pebbles
1 cup almond milk
- Meal 6
1 cup cooked oatmeal
1/2 cup mixed berries
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
When I begin to cut I like to use both HIT and normal cardio to keep it intersting helps me stay focused and not get bored with the cardio.
What is your supplementation like?
“WORK FXCKING HARDER!
Sponsors to thank.