There are very few legal prohormones left on the market. With the DASCA law of 2014, many of the grey market steroids being sold as prohormone are now gone from the market. You can search, and you may find some of them in small stores, but the bulk of the harsh prohormones/steroids are off the market. So with all of the changes in place and more evolving we have our hands on the best prohormones 2018 edition.
What is left is the original intent of the law, legal DHEA isomers and other prohormones that are less legal but yet on the market. These luckily have some very potent effects and can be stacked for maximum gains like the prohormones of old.
The prohormone era started with 5-DHEA (3b-hydroxy-androst-5-ene-3,17-dione) and then lead to doil prohormones and finally a free for all of illegal compounds that didn’t have any basis for legality.
- Androstenedione was the first prohormone to hit the market and sadly, much of it converted to estrogen. This lead to many people getting less than amazing results from it. It was often used as a base to prevent other side effects but never was effective on its own. 4-androstenedione was the first “andro” to hit the market and was what Mark McGwire supposedly used during training (which was later admitted was anabolic steroids) and to break the home run record.
- Androstenediol was the next version which replaced the ketone groups with the hydroxy groups on 3 and 17 positions.
- Androsterones are the final iteration of prohormones and while they require two steps to reach the active steroids, they do have an advantage because the body has abundant amounts of the enzymes needed to convert these to active steroids.
- Hydroxyprogestins are a new class of prohormones that use a completely different pathway and convert directly into androstenedione and also convert directly into active steroids like testosterone and 1-testosterone.
LIST OF SKELETONS
- 4-androstene has a double bond in the 4 position and converts into 4-androstenedione, 4-androstenediol, 4-DHEA (4-Androsterone) and finally testosterone. Testosterone is the end steroid conversion for the 4-androstene series. Testosterone and it’s prohormones can convert into estrogen. Estrogen is required for mass building, which is why many people use a “testosterone base” on their cycle.
- 1-androstene has a double bond in the 1 position and converts into 1-androstenedione, 1-androstenediol, 1-DHEA (1-Androstereone) and finally 1-testosterone. 1-Testosterone is between 2 and 7 times more anabolic than regular testosterone mg for mg and also resists deactivation in the liver. 1-Testosterone and its prohormones can not convert into estrogen.
- 1,4-androstene has two double bonds in the 1 and 4 position and converts into boldenone. 1,4-androstenedione, 1,4-androstenediol and 1,4 DHEA convert into Boldenone (1-dehydro-testosterone). Boldenone converts slowly into testosterone and has limited estrogenic effects.
- 19-Nor-androstene has a 4 double bond but is missing a carbon on the 19th position, which is why it’s called “19-Nor”. 19-Nor-androstenedione, 19-Nor-androstenediol and 19Nor-DHEA (19Nor-androsterone) converts into nortestosterone or otherwise called nandrolone.
- 11-Keto-androstene has a 4 double bond and also an 11-keto group which means it can reduce cortisol and has lesser androgenic activity.. 11-keto-androstenedione, 11-keto-androstenediol (never been made) and 11-keto-DHEA (11-keto-androsterone) convert into 11-keto-testosterone which is also sold as a supplement. 11-keto steroids can not convert into estrogen.
So, what is the strongest prohormone on the market. The answer is easy and well documented. The most potent prohormone mg for mg is 1-Androsterone or 1-DHEA which gives, lean gains and reduced fat. In fact a study was conducted on 1-Androsterone at 330mg per day and it yielded roughly a 10lb gain in 4 weeks with about a 4lb loss of fat mass. This makes 1-DHEA (1-Androsterone) the strongest prohormone left on the market. It may not be free forever but it does have some outlets still selling it. All the current 1-Andro is manufactured by Hi-Tech and is a patented product in the sports nutrition world.
1-Andro prohormones should be stacked with a good preworkout and a liver support supplement with fish oil. This would provide a nice safe cycle that could yield real results. You can find 1-Andro in the Liquid Labs Pr product and Chosen1 fom Blackstone Labs and finally Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals 1-AD.
If you want the most complete andro stack try the Mass Stack from Liquid Labs. It contains Pr and Tr (1 and 4 andro) along with and anti-estrogen (Reversitol) and a testosterone booster (Rise and Swell). This is the most advanced stack on the market for making gains.
- Pr – 4 doses per day with food
- Te – 2 doses per day with food
- 1 dose Rise and Swell in the morning
- 3 capsules Reversitol (one with each meal)