I’m sure a lot of you guys have heard of the apple cider vinegar shots in the morning. I was curious about it, so my friend and I decided to start taking shots of this apple cider vinegar in the morning.
At first, I was shocked by the taste of it, it’s a strong taste for having a shot right after waking up. I truly think it helps with digestion though. After a week of taking a shot of it every morning, I think I got used to the taste and can truly say I recommend trying it.
- High in acetic acid, which has potential biological effects – Vinegar is made in a two-step process, just like alcohol. Apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting the sugars from apples, this turns them into acetic acid, the active ingredient in vinegar.
- Can kill many types of bacteria – Vinegar can help kill pathogens including bacteria. The main substance in the vinegar, acetic acid, can kill bacteria and/or prevent them from multiplying and reaching harmful levels.
- Lowers blood sugar levels and fights diabetes – Vinegar improves insulin sensitivity during high-carb meal by 19-34% and significantly lowers blood glucose and insulin responses.
- Helps you lose weight by making you feel full – Since vinegar lowers blood sugar and insulin levels, it makes sense that it could help you lose weight. The true effects on body weight are modest and it therefore makes sense to just see the vinegar as a weight loss aid.
- Lowers cholesterol and reduces your risk of heart disease – Apple cider vinegar may contain the antioxidant chlorogenic acid which has been shown to protect LDL cholesterol particles from becoming oxidized. There is also some studies that show that vinegar reduces blood pressure.
- May have protective effects against cancer – Some studies show that vinegar can kill cancer cells and shrink tumors.
There’s no side-effects with normal consumption of side effects. It’s recommended to use organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the “mother”. Bragg’s is one of the best options (which is what I use too).
So, purchase your bottle of Braggs and a shot glass and get used to it.