The 2014 Designer Anabolic Control Act is going to be final soon. I have been getting tons of questions about it and I’m going to make this public statement about my opinion.
I have been stating ever since I took over Mind and Muscle in january 2014 that the “prohormones “ on the market other than the ones sold in the Mind and Muscle store were for the large part illegal steroids marketed as prohormones. You see, previous legislature has named specific compounds as “anabolic steroids” and banned them. The simple fix is to use biochemical engineering to recreate the compound with a slight modification to make its chemical structure different enough that it isn’t actually illegal anymore. This is the dawn of designer steroids. Mind and Muscle caries actual prohormones, things which turn into a hormone in your body and they are hormones which are exempt for the act:
“drug or hormonal substance (other than estrogens, progestins, corticosteroids, and dehydroepiandrosterone)” that “is derived from, or has a chemical structure substantially similar to, 1 or more anabolic steroids”
Most of the Prohormones in the Mind and Muscle store are dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) versions which are found in the human body, you’re simply supplementing natural prohormones your adrenal gland makes to get the desired effect.
Nothing in the Mind and Muscle store is named below or a modification of a previously illegal anabolic steroid. An example of that would be turinabol being created out of superdrol when superdrol was banned. On the contrary when M1T as banned M1D was released but it was not methylated or a 1-testosterone, it’s just a similar name. M1D is 5-DHEA with herbal ingredients to amplify its conversion to testosterone and decrease its conversion to estrogen, and since its herbs and 5-DHEA its a natural health supplement not an illegal designer steroid.
Below are a list of the substances banned by name. To all those people who argued with me that Epistane and Trendzilla were illegal, I told you so:)
- (A saturated/’5a-reduced’ form of 6-oxo)
- (A saturated form of the aromatase inhibitor 6-bromoandrostenedione)
- (6-bromoandrostenedione with additional C1-2 unsaturation)
- (‘Halodrol’, an Oral Turinabol precursor)
- (‘P-Mag’ or ‘Promagnon 25′, a methyl clostebol precursor)
- (17a-methyl clostebol)
- (‘Halodrol’ again, for some reason)
- (Methasterone, or ‘Superdrol’. Note that this already appears on the CSA)
- (An incorrect nomenclature occasionally listed on Superdrol bottles, see here)
- (‘Epistane’ or ‘Havoc’)
- (‘Furuza’, a non-methylated analogue of Furazabol)
- (Theoretically a precursor to trenbolone; never released and probably never synthesized)
- (An analogue of desoxymethyltestosterone/madol/phera; never released and probably never synthesized)
- (M1,4ADD, a precursor to methandrostenolone/Dianabol)
- (‘Trendione’, a trenbolone precursor)
- (M-LMG without the methoxy group, a precursor to 18-methyl-19-nortestosterone/13-ethylnortestosterone)
- (An aromatase inhibitor found in ProLine’s ‘Methyl-1 Pro’)
- (‘The One’/’D-Plex’)
- (Methylandrostanol; ‘Protobol’)
- (An isomer of androisoxazole)
- (The aromatase inhibitor Formestane)
- (Prostanozol, non-17a-methylated analogue of Stanozolol/Winstrol. Note 1: in the bill they have listed both this compound and formestane in the same subclause (lxxii), as if they were one item. Note 2: This compound already appears on the CSA))
- (A 4,5 unsaturated analogue of the preceding compound)
- (Prostanozol again)
Here is a list of all the Mind and Muscle products that are clearly Exempt.
Yes, we knew this was going to happen.
- Rise and Swell
- Wyked 2.1
- 17 Pro-Andro
- Form XT
- Arom X